Monday, August 24, 2015

Week of 8/24/15

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. We are back for another week of inquiry and learning. Attached is the math homework for this week. As always, this is due Thursday.

Math Homework 8.25

This week I'm also asking that students bring in leaf samples from home for our class activity Wed. We are studying classification this term in science class. We have explored criteria of animals so far, but this week will be shifting our focus to plant classification. To kick off this portion of the unit, I would love each student to bring in 5 different leaf samples from their yard. Students can just put their leaves in a ziploc bag and write their names with a Sharpie. Parents, please assist in ensuring students choose appropriate leaf samples (i.e. no poison ivy or samples from your favorite flowers/plants in the garden) to share with their classmates. Again, students will need these in class Wednesday!


Important Upcoming Dates:

Author Visit Pre-Orders Due 8/26
Curriculum Night  9/1  6:30 pm
Author Visit      9/4
Labor Day, No School    9/7






Math Challenge: I am a 4-digit number greater than 9,000. My ones digit is 3 and my hundreds digit is the smallest prime number greater than 5. The sum of my digits is 20. What number am I?

Discretely bring the solution to Ms. McFaddin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment